Saturday, May 24, 2008

Further foliage

I've been busy since my last post - 2 trips to Annie's and one to the Watershed Nursery in the Berkeley Hills! I'd never been to the Watershed Nursery before - it turned out to be very nice: small, but well-stocked with friendly staff and a beautiful woodland setting shaded by oaks and redwoods. It's primarily restoration oriented with plants from local populations. I got native blackberries and honeysuckle for my north facing slope along with many other plants. At Annie's I filled up with native annuals and some new excitement - a red-flowered Brunfelsia! Of course there was much more - shrubs and various perennials. Green leaves spilling over the edges in all shades of verdure! I have to work for the next two days, but I'll soon be in a major planting frenzy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you could have mentioned me. How I pulled the wagon over the many acres of plants and patiently waited while you & Kiko looked around. That's ok though. You don't have to mention me - just because I gave birth to you. Don't worry about it. We'll never mention it again.

Anonymous said...

[from Jill] Sorry to leave you out: I was tired when I posted. In fact you pulled two wagons across acres (literally) of plants. It was quite impressive. Kiko and I commented on seeing your short figure across the rows of plants patiently waiting, sniffing leaves, thinking "Jill should plant this on my deck!" And Kiko did help with the wagons somewhat but I could not because of my inability to control wheeled conveyances.