Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More plants!

Last Friday I made a trip to Annie's Annuals in Richmond! This is one of the most fabulous nurseries around - visit the link on my page if you haven't already! Anyway I mostly stocked up on extras of things I already have, but I did get a few new things - Oenothera pallida, Madia elegans, and Layia glandulosa. Layia glandulosa is an annual with foliage that has a sweet almost pineapple-ly scent. I got two of these and put one in the back where I can lean down and sniff without making a spectacle of myself in front of the traffic and dog-walkers in our front yard. This was my Mom's first trip and she got herself a fuchsia and some other flowers for her deck. The spirit of Eostre is hopping through my garden with abandon as the Equinox nears! More leaves unfurling and bouquets full of Nemophila, Tidy-tips, Gilia tricolor, and California poppy everywhere. Exciting photos to come!

No comments: