Saturday, July 4, 2009

Gathering Seeds




It's been busy these last couple of weeks - a trip to Annie's and Half Moon Bay Nursery and my Coming-of-Age party (held in my garden) But I've finally had some time to begin my seed-gathering efforts. Today I gathered some Clarkia unguiculata and Penstemon heterophyllus. It was a lot of fun once I found out how to get the seeds out of the penstemon pod. I also was able to get some of the new plants slid into a larger pot. The Daturas look particulary fetching, their fatal leaves lovely in the light. I'm also enjoying the indescribably wonderful fragrance of a blooming Tulsi plant (Ocimum sanctum) that I found at Annie's. My visit there was especially exciting - I also found a California native clover! So many interesting and alluring plants there - I was overwhelmed! In other garden news - Epiphyllum "Monastery Garden" bloomed. This was quite the event! I've included my hand in the picture for scale. Also pictured are tall Gilia with some Clarkia and the native clover.

10 comments:

robin michelle said...

Nice pictures! Interesting phrase, "their fatal leaves lovely in the light."

jet said...

The Daturae are quite inspirational!

Raju madhur said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great pics!! but if you can provide some information on what is salvia divinorum then it would be even more helpful to me !

Thanks and Regards

James Edison said...

This is an excellent resource. Thank you for sharing it with us. Totally like the pictures of it so my question is are this the same seeds which are used for salvia for sale

Raju madhur said...

Are these the same plants which are afterwords used for a drug called salvia ?

Priyanka chopra said...

Common guys <a href="http://salviaextracts.com/>get salvia</a> plants and grow them up and use for smoke ! :D

Jessie said...

I am so much excited after reading your blog . Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful. and i need few more articles which are related to salvia or salvia divinorum

Jessie said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read on salvia divinorum!!

Anonymous said...

So any of you guys interested in to Buy K2 Spice then let me know! its a product of salvia by the way

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and great stuff totally enjoyed it right from beginning to the end !

spice smoke for sale