Thursday, May 21, 2009

Clarkias in bloom!







It's been awhile since I have posted. Since the last update there've been a couple days of 90 degreeF weather (I was miserable) and a lot of Clarkias started to bloom (see photos). They sort of started one by one until coinciding in a sort of Onagraceous symphony of pinks, purples, and salmon. At least one I know reseeded itself from last year's plant, the others are from a mix of two seed packets - Larner Seeds "Hills of California" mix, and Renee's Garden's "Mountain Garland" mix. I suspect the latter is where the double one came from. In addition, the hollyhocks (pictured) on the side of the house are blooming. These provide a lovely backdrop to our living room! Everything from my previous sales and events is doing well. I've included a picture of a Datura discolor and Lupinus "Rodeo Rose" that I got at the beginning of the month from Annie's. These plants were planted 17 days ago, and this is how much they've grown. The Datura is just growing rapidly, but the Lupine seems sort of possessed. I mean, it seemed that every morning it was taller! It's actually a bit frightening, but in an exhilirating, fun sort of way. I think maybe it's because I used some Annie's potting soil in them. Their potting soil is the best I've used - it's reasonably priced and smells good too! Anyway, that's some of my garden highlights for now.

1 comment:

Deni said...

Grand! By the way, remind me to take a tissue sample from you next time we meet so I can analyze it for chloroplasts!