Friday, December 26, 2008

Yuletide blossomings

I'm still in the midst of my Mid-Winter revelries but thought I should make a quick post. Some of the Autumn-blooming Salvias have finally taken a rest from blooming but the Winter bloomers are just getting fully into their flowering thing. Some are still forming a spike, but others like Salvia purpurea have already opened their little blossoms to the cool days. And I am pleased to report that some of my native wildflower seedlings were just transplanted and at least one appears to be growing. I even got into holiday decorating by cutting some flowers to adorn my bathroom for our Yule-tide guests - I cut some of the lilac that's blooming right now and added some heliotrope, stock (Matthiola), and greenery. I think it appears quite festive! Happy Winter Holidays to all!

No comments: